You can talk one-to-one with us using our secure instant messaging service. Beat’s advisors are highly trained, and available to talk to anyone affected by an eating disorder 365 days a year. We’ll listen to your concerns in a non-judgemental way, provide you with support, and help you to decide on your best next step.
The One-to-one Web Chat is available at the following times:
- Monday - Friday: 12:00 - 20:00
- Saturday - Sunday: 16:00 - 20:00
As soon as one of our advisors becomes available they will write back to you. Sometimes our team is very busy, but please do hold on and we’ll do our best to help as soon as possible.
Things to remember
- If you need to, you can close the window at any time. However, this will end your current chat session, and you will need to begin a new one if you’d like to continue talking to us.
- If the chat cuts off, please check that there isn’t an issue with your WiFi or data connection.
- If you’re having trouble connecting you can always call our telephone Helpline on 0808 801 0677, or our Youthline on 0808 801 0711.
- Beat keeps all your communication confidential other than in some exceptional circumstances. These include:
- If we suspect a child may be at risk from harm
- If a caller is at serious risk of harm, either from themselves or others
- If a caller threatens or abuses our staff