SHARED Online Support Volunteer
Expiration Date: 26/10/2022
As an Online Peer Support Volunteer, you will provide email support on a one to one basis to young people with an eating disorder, aged between 12-25 years old. You will be trained in how to offer support and guidance, as well as how to manage boundaries. All contact will be moderated by Beat staff as everyone’s safety is our priority.
- You must have recovered from an eating disorder, be 18-35 years old and have been in recovery for at least two years. We also ask that you have received professional treatment for the eating disorder as defined by the NICE guidelines and have been outside of treatment for the last two years.
- Feel emotionally robust enough to offer support around circumstances that may be familiar to your own
- Display knowledge and understanding of the needs of people affected by mental health issue
- Have good knowledge and understanding of eating disorders and what effect they can have on the family
- Be non-judgmental and a good listener
- You must be computer literate – experience of using Microsoft packages
Applications and information
To apply, you must:
- Supply us with two referees who can comment on your suitability for the role
- Complete our online Volunteer Induction Training
- Agree and adhere to the Beat Volunteer Code
- Participate in ongoing training wherever possible Commitment Required
The service will require you to commit to 1-2 hours per week, comprising of sending 1-3 emails within this time frame. The maximum length of time someone can receive this support is six months however we would ask you to commit to 12 months of volunteering supporting multiple people over this duration
To apply, complete the application pack and volunteering form upload to the site via the form on this page. To attach both documents, hold down "Ctrl" when selecting the files.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org