SHARED Online Support Volunteer
Expiration Date: 26/10/2022
As an Online Peer Support Volunteer, you will provide email support on a one to one basis to young people with an eating disorder, aged between 12-25 years old. You will be trained in how to offer support and guidance, as well as how to manage boundaries. All contact will be moderated by Beat staff as everyone’s safety is our priority.
- You must have recovered from an eating disorder, be under 35 years old and have been in recovery for at least two years
- Feel emotionally robust enough to offer support around circumstances that may be familiar to your own
- Display knowledge and understanding of the needs of people affected by mental health issue
- Have good knowledge and understanding of eating disorders and what effect they can have on the family
- Be non-judgmental and a good listener
- You must be computer literate – experience of using Microsoft packages
Applications and information
To apply, you must:
- Supply us with two referees who can comment on your suitability for the role
- Complete our online Volunteer Induction Training
- Agree and adhere to the Beat Volunteer Code
- Participate in ongoing training wherever possible Commitment Required
The service will require you to commit to 1-2 hours per week, comprising of sending 1-3 emails within this time frame. The maximum length of time someone can receive this support is one year, however we would welcome your commitment in supporting others over the duration of this contract.
To apply, complete the application pack and upload it to the site via the form on this page.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.