Eating disorders matter
The Senedd election is a crucial opportunity to influence eating disorder policy and support in Wales for the next five years.
In recent years, the support of Members of Senedd has helped increase the political profile of eating disorders and unlock additional investment for NHS eating disorders services in Wales. However, there is much more work to do before Wales has a healthcare system and society that enables everyone affected by eating disorders to get the help they need and deserve.
That’s why we’re encouraging everyone in Wales to call on candidates across all political parties to pledge their support and put eating disorders front and centre!
We’re calling for the next Welsh Government to:
- Fully implement the Welsh Eating Disorder Service Review’s recommendations.
- Ensure that eating disorders are identified early and that people in Wales are supported to seek help.
- Ensure that eating disorders are appropriately taught and assessed at Welsh medical schools and all junior doctors undergoing Foundation training in Wales benefit from specialist clinical experience of eating disorders.
- Achieve parity of esteem for mental health research, including eating disorder research, in Wales.
- Ensure that public health campaigns on obesity in Wales are informed by eating disorder experts by experience to ensure that messaging doesn’t cause distress to people at risk of developing an eating disorder or exacerbate eating disorder behaviours in those already diagnosed.
Read the full Manifesto
We need your help!
Drop us a line to find out more: email@example.com.