Helpline Team Leader
Salary: Salary £20,661
Number Of Positions: 1
Expiration Date: 27/08/2019
Work as part of Beat’s services team supervising the helpline team and providing coordination and administrative support of Beat’s echo peer support programme.
Half of the week will be spent supervising helpline shifts, the other half spent on Helpline Coordination and administration.
Beat’s helpline is available 365 days a year and the Helpline Team Leader shift pattern will be working half of the week 12-20:30 and the other half office hours to undertake Helpline administrative work.
The team receives training every month and regular internal, external supervision and coaching.
These responsibilities are subject to review and may be varied in emphasis depending on operational requirements.
- Supervise helpline shifts, providing regular feedback to staff and volunteers ensuring the team is delivering a high-quality service and responding to demand across all channels effectively.
- Respond to service users across all channels.
- Be part of an effective Helpline Management team ensuring effective operation of the function in line with Beat’s values and management principles; deputise for Helpline Manager and Volunteer & Peer Support Coordinators when required
- Support the Head of Support Services and Volunteer Coordinator in recruiting and ongoing training of Helpline Advisors and Volunteers
- Proactively provide particular support to team members when dealing with regular users of the service and in dealing with challenging situations
- As delegated by the Head of Support Services, project manage and provide administration support to specific helpline services or peer support programmes
- Mentor and support volunteers ensuring they are debriefed and attend regular supervision sessions
- Contribute to the planning of online support groups and creation of engaging content across all social media channels to promote all services
- Lead on internal training sessions and department meetings and represent Beat at internal and external events
- Identify own learning and development needs and seek opportunities to address them.
Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by the line manager or her/his deputy.
Applications and Information
For more information on the role, please contact Samantha Turton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms should be uploaded to our website by 10am on Tuesday 27 August 2019. All applications must be on the Beat application form. CVs will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by close of business on Tuesday 27 August 2019 interviews will take place on Thursday 29 and Friday 30 August. If you have not heard from us by this closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.