Helpline Advisor (Part Time)
Salary: £19,551 (Pro rata)
Number Of Positions: 1
Expiration Date: 24/06/2019
Beat’s helpline is available 365 days a year and the helpline advisor shift pattern for this role will be:
Advisors receive training every month and regular internal, external supervision and coaching.
- Respond to service users who contact us through our telephone helpline, email, message board service and online support group sessions, in line with Beat’s helpline service training, protocols and templates.
- Identify service user needs, record the results of the assessment and provide a tailored response delivering advice, emotional support, sign posting on to another appropriate service, or by directing referrals to an appropriate colleague etc.
- Accurately enter service user information and data on services provided and feedback received into central systems.
- Mentor and support volunteers through their induction and give constructive feedback to aid their development.
- Be responsible for own administration associated with providing the services.
- Participate in daily debriefing sessions to share learning and support colleagues.
- Play a key role in ensuring a highly cohesive team of staff and volunteer colleagues.
- Keep up-to-date and well informed on issues and developments relating to eating disorders.
- Participate in co creations with service users online to facilitate co design of future support services
- Contribute to the preparation of information-based resources including template replies, information materials and web pages.
- Identify own learning and development needs and seek opportunities to address them.
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by the line manager or her/his deputy.
Applications and Information
To apply, complete the application pack by 10am Monday 24 June and upload it to the site via the form on this page. CVs will not be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by close of business on Monday 24 June. If you have not heard from us by this date then please assume that your application has not been successful.
First and second stage interviews will take place on Wednesday 26 & Thursday 27 June 2019.
For more information on the role, please contact Sam Turton by emailingor calling 01925 912808.