Helpline Advisor (Part Time)
Salary: £19,551 (Pro rata)
Number Of Positions: 2
Expiration Date: 25/03/2019
Work as part of Beat’s support services team giving advice, information and support to people experiencing eating disorders and their friends, family and supporters.
Contribute to Beat’s support services team responding to contacts across a variety of channels including telephone, one to one webchat, social media and online support groups.
The helpline advisor role will work closely with the Helpline Manager, Team leader and Senior helpline advisor and also work alongside the helpline volunteers mentoring and supporting them.
Beat’s helpline is available 365 days a year and the helpline advisor shift pattern will be between the hours of 12pm and 8:30pm Monday- Friday and 4-8pm weekends and bank holidays. This role involves working one weekend day every other week.
Advisors receive training every month and regular internal, external supervision and coaching.
- Respond to service users who contact us through our telephone helpline, email, message board service and online support group sessions, in line with Beat’s helpline service training, protocols and templates.
- Identify service user needs, record the results of the assessment and provide a tailored response delivering advice, emotional support, sign posting on to another appropriate service, or by directing referrals to an appropriate colleague etc.
- Accurately enter service user information and data on services provided and feedback received into central systems.
- Mentor and support volunteers through their induction and give constructive feedback to aid their development.
- Be responsible for own administration associated with providing the services.
- Participate in daily debriefing sessions to share learning and support colleagues.
- Play a key role in ensuring a highly cohesive team of staff and volunteer colleagues.
- Keep up-to-date and well informed on issues and developments relating to eating disorders.
- Participate in co creations with service users online to facilitate co design of future support services
- Contribute to the preparation of information-based resources including template replies, information materials and web pages.
- Identify own learning and development needs and seek opportunities to address them.
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by the line manager or her/his deputy.
Applications and Information
To apply, complete the application pack by 10am Monday 25 March and upload it to the site via the form on this page. CVs will not be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by close of business on Tuesday 26 March, If you have not heard from us by this date then please assume that your application has not been successful.
Interviews will take place on Monday 1 and Tuesday 2 April in Warrington.
For more information on the role, please contact Sam Turton by emailingor calling 01925 912808.