Communications and Events Assistant
Salary: £18,176 per annum
Number Of Positions: 1
Expiration Date: 19/11/2019
Purpose of the post
To provide efficient, effective and proactive administrative and project-based support to Beat’s Communications team to expand our influence to the greatest number of people through our communication channels and provide support for the planning and execution of our external events.
The role will support the Communications team and also the wider External Affairs team with their events.
The Communication and Events Assistant will report to the Head of Communications and will be required to build close working relationships with the Communications team and members of staff across the External Affairs department. The External Affairs team has four strands:
- Communications: with responsibility for external communications – press, digital, branding, publications and providing marketing support across Beat.
- Events: with responsibility to deliver conferences and events to inform, inspire and empower individuals about eating disorders and to support the delivery of fundraising events.
- Campaigns: with responsibility to campaign for political and practical change to improve treatment for people with eating disorders.
- Ambassadors programme: with responsibility to raise awareness of eating disorders by supporting our Beat Ambassadors, volunteers with their own experience of an eating disorder.
The role will have two principal areas of responsibility: there will be regular tasks to carry out for the Communications team and events related tasks across the External Affairs team.
- Provide administrative support to the Communications team including daily management of the team’s generic email inboxes.
- Handle enquiries via letter, phone, email and social media into the Communications team, ensuring that all are effectively dealt with to a satisfactory conclusion
- Distribute information packs and resources purchased and requested by beneficiaries as well as controlling the stock of resources, liaising with suppliers and raising purchase orders.
- Provide support for specific mail outs, including researching and creating contact lists, ordering and sending relevant literature.
- Support the Communications team in the collection of statistics and data and creation of reports and presentations.
- Assist in the planning of external communications and have responsibility for keeping our content calendar up to date.
- Provide support for events including campaigner events, lobbying days, ambassador training events and conferences.
- Assisting in preparation for events, including gathering quotes, organising materials and mail outs, ordering literature, booking couriers, recording applications and other related duties.
- Liaison with venues or suppliers.
- On-site support at conferences and events.
- Booking travel and accommodation for events.
- Manage the administration of our online Helpfinder database.
- Attend team meetings and take minutes or record action points as required.
- Maintain any Communications team or Events contacts on databases as relevant, and complete actions to ensure compliance with data protection regulation.
- Create and develop administrative processes for the activities of the Communications team and provide administration support to colleagues in External Affairs as appropriate and as time allows.
- Actively participate in and make a positive contribution to the work of the Communications and wider External Affairs teams.
- Identify own personal learning and development needs and seek opportunities to address these.
- Take responsibility for other duties relevant to the purpose of the role as requested by the line manager.
These responsibilities are subject to review and may be varied in emphasis depending on operational requirements.
This role will require occasional travel within the UK.
Applications and Information
For more information about the role, please contact Steph Winteringham on email@example.com
To apply, please download and complete the application form below. Completed application forms should be uploaded via the form on this page by 11.59pm on 19 November 2019.
If you have difficulty accessing or using this version of the application form or need to apply with a CV, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before applying. Please note we cannot accept CVs except by prior arrangement.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by close of business on 22 November 2019. Interviews will take place on 26 November 2019 in Norwich.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to change the closing date of our vacancies.