Location: London, North West England and Wales
Expiration Date: 27/04/2020
Could you join our team of Ambassadors and help us raise awareness of eating disorders? If you’ve got a story of recovery that you want to share and you live in Wales, London or North West England, you could be just the person we’re looking for!
About the Role
Ambassadors are Beat’s national network of volunteers who reach out into their local communities to share the realities of living with an eating disorder. Beat Ambassadors share their experiences to inspire others and help more people get the support and understanding they need! Whether you want to share your story by reading a prepared speech or through something a bit different we’re here to support you to be as impactful as possible.
As a Beat Ambassador you will receive:
- Training and support to challenge the stigma and stereotypes that can hold people back from seeking support for an eating disorder
- Tools and information to share about the early signs and symptoms of eating disorders and inform others about Beat’s valuable work
- Ongoing opportunities to increase your knowledge around eating disorders and the work of Beat
- Support and guidance on identifying and securing opportunities to share your story of recovery with small groups
- Occasional invitations to speak at Beat events such as training sessions and conferences
- Expenses reimbursed
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who:
- Live in North West England, London or Wales
- Have been in stable recovery from an eating disorder for at least a year
- Are enthusiastic about sharing their experience to help others
- Are willing and able to complete at least one speaking opportunity every six months
Beat is firmly committed to diversity in all areas of our work. We are dedicated to developing and maintaining an organisation in which differing ideas, abilities, backgrounds and needs are fostered and valued, and everyone, regardless of background and experience, can participate and contribute.
In order to amplify voices that represent the diversity of people affected by eating disorders we are particularly looking to recruit Beat Ambassadors who are:
- Aged over 40
- Recovered from ARFID, binge eating disorder, bulimia or OSFED
- Black, Asian or from another minority ethnic background
- Transgender or nonbinary
The deadline for applications is the 27th April 2020.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To apply please read the role profile below and then complete the application form which you can upload to the site via the form on this page. We are planning to train new Beat Ambassadors in June 2020. We will not contact anyone who has applied until May.